Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Friday, July 30, 2010

Stayin' Busy

Right now I'm sitting at the computer eating a bowl of steamed broccoli with cheddar cheese--mmmm! Sometimes I hate food and sometimes I really love it. Broccoli and cheese makes me love food again. Anyway, that was a random comment. ;) John and I have had two trips since I last typed a post! We went to Kansas for almost a whole week and we camped out at Yellowstone.

Alas, we still need to buy a new camera, so I will have to depend on the talents of my family if I am to post any pictures. And in Kansas, we didn't take any pictures at all! I know, I can't believe it either. We hung out with my grandparents, aunts and a cousin and her two cute girls. We also hung out with my immediate family. It was the best trip!

One of the best parts about the Kansas trip was being with my grandma and going through a table-full of photo albums and pictures and talking about relatives and ancestors. My grandma is amazing! She just memorizes all this information--I was scrambling to scribble it all down--dates, places, events, you name it! I've decided to do family history every Saturday and I'm really excited to get into it again. Being with grandma has renewed my excitement and love of family history.

I can't even remember everything we did with my family--a lot of sitting around and chatting, playing the Wii, and eating food. :) It was awesome. Oh, and I fell in love with humidity again! The weather wasn't too hot, and I basked in having skin that I didn't have to put lotion on every morning and evening. I don't want this post to be too long, so I'm going to put Yellowstone in the next post. (See above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment