Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

San Diego!

While we're waiting for more pics from AZ, I might as well show you some pics from my trip to San Diego! I had an opportunity to go for a work conference and to drive there with fellow colleagues. It's too bad I couldn't take John with me. :(

First I need to show you pictures of the AMAZING Paradise Resort we stayed at! This is the view when you drive in:

They had so much wild life--birds, ducks, and lots of beautiful flowers. They also had lots of picturesque ponds as well as swimming pools every 20 feet, it seemed.
This is the look-out tower. I ran up it once and there's an amazing view at top
There were so many different types of cacti!
Across the street from the resort was a.... Beach!!
We took a trip to La Jolla to see sea lions. There were a ton of newborns! This first pic is one of my colleague's daughters who got to come with us.
A bunch of us went out to dinner in Old Town San Diego--mmm horchata!
This was my first time in San Diego and my second time in CA. Can you believe that? I need to go more often! How about John and I take a trip in August... that sounds fun! Anyone we should visit? :)

4 comments:

  1. Annie, you are so adorable! I'm excited for you and John to adopt, and would love to help spread the word. How do I get a button to put on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, oops, just kidding! I just found it on Facebook. I'll be putting one up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Shallee!! It's so good to hear from you! I'll have to check out your blog to see how you're doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visit the temple while you are there!! the atrium at the top is Gorgeous!! I might be biased though because 1) its the very first temple i ever went into and 2) its where were sealed. LOL but it is beautiful. Also you should check out the UCSD campus if you go back to La Jolla, they have singing trees!! amongst other cool things that you and John would love. I miss La Jolla and San Diego so much!!!

    ReplyDelete