Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yellowstone pics!

I'm sorry I haven't posted these yet! You can read about our trip here :) It was lots of fun!
And THANK YOU to Lizzy, John's sister, for taking pictures with her camera. (BTW we finally bought a new one--hooray)

Ha, I love this pic. I thought it was cute so I put it first. This is right near Fairy Falls, a nice hike that we did. It was my first time and I loved it.





Okay, this is one of my favorite Yellowstone features: Dragon's Mouth! There's a dragon inside of the cave that makes lots of noise and smokes at all the visitors. (Okay, actually, there's some sort of hot air vent under the mud and water that makes the cool effects.) I always have to make a visit when we're in Yellowstone--just in case the dragon ever decides to make an appearance, you know?


This is another favorite--perhaps my new number one favorite--feature at Yellowstone: the Grand Prismatic. When you actually visit it, you can hardly seen anything but steam. On the trail to Fairy Falls, we saw an amazing view in all its glory. And, yeah, you just don't understand the amazingness nor the hugeness of the real thing through a photo--you just gotta be there.


This was John's 16th or 17th or 18th trip to Yellowstone! (Ha, he doesn't remember which one it is.) It never gets old!

No comments:

Post a Comment